Fearless Leaders create and conduct uniquely inspired business practices. Here are 8 strategies that lead to business that rocks!
1. Hire the best people and take care of them. People are the most significant resource available to you. If you want to create a great business, you must create it with great people. Preferably great people with a well developed sense of humor.
2. Invest in extraordinary training, coaching, and mentoring for those great people. Talent is not always enough – people must know that you’re committed to their development or they will find someone who is. This creates your organization as THE place to work in your industry. Can you say Google?
3. Create and integrate guiding principles from which every decision is made at every level of the organization. Do not tolerate behavior from anyone outside these guiding principles. Really. Yes, I mean fire them.
4. Create a culture where innovation and change is the norm, by rewarding ideas more than anything in the workplace. You might find yourself surrounded by geeks and creatives, but isn’t that where all the cutting edge stuff is developed?
5. Operate with excellence, and never settle for what’s simply good enough. Remember that one time where you settled? Oh yeah, and look what happened.
6. Create a product or service that astonishes your customers so that they couldn’t imagine buying from anyone else. Deliver it relentlessly.
7. Lean into process when it’s appropriate and when it’s not, be willing to tear it down and start again. And provide lots of coffee (and maybe a chair massage) for those rebuilding it.
8. Be hyper-vigilant to matching talent with task. People will be fabulous at doing what they love to do, and they will stink at what they dislike doing. For examples of this, see recent performance reviews.
See, it’s really not so difficult, right?
Join The Tribe. Get A Free Prize.Read the right blog.
Practical inspiration, strategic exploration, and raw possibility—delivered to your inbox with LOVE (that's tough in all the right places). Subscribe now and get a free powerful download "Energy Liberation" which will rock your perception of not having enough time.
Liberation is one conversation away.
Let's schedule an Initiation Call
A no-cost connection to explore your true direction— for your work, life & legacy.